The OsteoMed OsteoMatch custom implant is designed to help surgeons provide high-quality surgical solutions for patients with large craniomaxillofacial defects. The OsteoMatch system combines durable, reliable implant materials with a high level of customization based on pre-surgical measurements and modeling for a personalized fit based on each anatomical need.
OsteoMatch custom implants are available in the more traditional PMMA polymer or in the new OsteoMed PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone) material. OsteoMatch is:
- Beveled with textured edges to promote micro-ingrowth of skull tissues to help stabilize the implant over the long term
- Solid, with non-porous scalp and dura surfaces to protect against unwanted tissue ingrowth in suboptimal areas—as well as discouraging infection (non-vascularized) or adhesion
- Adaptable, with fine-tuning capabilities allowing the surgeon to match contours on neighboring bone using skull modeling to create an unprecedented anatomical fit
OsteoMatch PEEK Patient Matched implant offers a superior solution in cranial defect cases. Cutting-edge technology matched with custom surgical utility allows the surgeon to craft an implant to exacting anatomical specifications for a better anatomical fit than conventional methods. The PEEK implant is:
- Temperature and fracture resistant—and can thus be vacuum-sterilized and/or autoclaved
- Modular—can be provided in a single piece or in multiple pieces for larger defect sites
- Reliable—can be fixated using any of OsteoMed’s cranial fixation systems
- Efficient, allowing surgeons to reduce operating time while still achieving optimal aesthetic results
A surgeon needs only a patient CT scan to design, obtain and implement the OsteoMatch technological surgical solution. When the OsteoMed OsteoMatch technicians receive CT scan data (Day 1), they begin initial implant design in concert with the surgeon. By Day 5, initial designs are complete; Days 6-8 allow extra time for detailed implant design and final approval is expected by Day 8. Final implant fabrication takes place to exacting technical specifications during Days 9-12 and the implant is shipped between Days 13-15, allowing surgery within approximately two weeks of initial data acquisition.
OsteoMatch is one of many OsteoMed medical products that match cutting-edge technology with personalized concern for patient wellbeing. For more information on OsteoMatch or other OsteoMed products, call (888) 370-9997.