The OsteoMed FastFlap Neurosurgical Fixation System is a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that addresses multiple neurosurgical approaches and indications. The use of the FastFlap system in conjunction with OsteoMed’s patented AutoDrive™ screws and the OsteoDriver disposable screwdriver, makes up the industry’s most formidable system for closing cranial flaps.
Basic Features of the OsteoMed FastFlap
FastFlap for neurosurgical applications is a cost effective and easy to use method for cranial flap replacement. FastFlap offers the following benefits and features:
- Patented self-drilling Auto Drive™ screws, which eliminates the need for pre-drilling.
- Superlative, low-profile plates and screws virtually eliminate palpability.
- 3D bending and contouring of OsteoForm Mesh avoids creasing due to superior design.
- A total, economical solution for cranial flap fixation and cranial reconstruction.
Components of the FastFlap System
The OsteoMed FastFlap system is comprised of interchangeable blocks, implants, and instruments. Blocks include 1.2mm blocks, 1.6mm blocks (standard and low-profile), a skull base block, and a mesh block. These surgical tools options allow for fast and efficient fixation.
A wide selection of additional implants is also available from OsteoMed. Among these are 1.2mm and 1.6mm Auto-Drive screws and 1.2mm and 1.6mm plates. Also available are low-profile, 1.6mm plates as well as skull base plates and mesh plates. Within the FastFlap system, OsteoMed offers the rigid mini plate cutter, plate-bending forceps, plate cutter, small grasping forceps, and a TAPERLOCK screwdriver body.
Profile Zero: Achievements in Low-Profile Neuro Plating
OsteoMed’s Profile Zero neuroplating system achieves new ground in low-profile plating alternatives. This system eliminates palpability with the lowest plate and screw profile offered in the market. Engineered to exacting standards gives the , neurosurgeon considerable latitude when placing plates and screw in areas traditionally of concern with regard to palpability. Some basic features of the Profile Zero System include:
- 0.25mm profile
- Palpability virtually zero
- Reduction of operating room “footprint” (very small system)
- Unique packaging with “Lift-Off” lid
- Offering comprehensive selection of plates
- Add-on instrument/auxiliary mesh drawer
- Easily contour plates to passively fit patient’s anatomy
A complementary product to FastFlap, OsteoForm Mesh is a craniofacial mesh that is easily formable. The features and benefits of OsteoForm mesh include:
- Pre-formed mesh that easily adapts to anatomy of cranial curvature.
- Only minor contouring of implant is needed when applying to anatomical curves.
- Superior design will not crease when contouring.
- Strong, rigid construction provides safety for underlying structures.
OsteoMed FastFlap: Providing surgeons versatility and strength
As a leader among quality medical device manufacturers, OsteoMed provides surgeons with the clinical options needed to maximize procedural outcomes. OsteoMed’s FastFlap is the cost-effective surgical solution to meet that goal.