The OsteoMed ExtremiLock Foot Plating System is in industry leading surgical equipment system. The Foot Plating System (FPS), consist of multiple variable angled locking screws and plates. For more information on the ExtremiLock FPS or any OsteoMed products, visit our website or call us at (888) 370-9997.
OsteoMed products combine practical applications and innovative surgical instruments to assure ease of use and operating room efficiencies. The unique OsteoMed hand plating system (HPS) is no exception. With everything a surgeon needs to treat the various aspects of even a complex fractures. This self-contained system is both versatile and intuitive.
One System, Unlimited Possibilities
With locking, non-locking, and cannulated options, HPS enables the surgeon to treat the nature of the fracture. With four plate sizes and up to four screw types, including angle locking up to 22 degrees, the anatomy of the hand will determine the surgical solution — not the limits of the implant selection. Polished implant surfaces minimize soft tissue irritations; help prevent adhesions, while the unique plate constructs provide stable fixation promoting early mobilization.
- Many plate offerings with angled locking technology
- Low profile plating and screw interfaces
- Various Many compression plate options
- Highly polished plate surfaces and rounded edges to avoid adhesions
- Next-generation patented subcondylar plate
- 3 k-wire, 53 plates, and 5 screw types in one self-contained surgical system
- Color coded modules and custom-designed instrument tray allow precision and efficiency at every stage of each procedure
- Innovative surgical tools, including a universal plate cutter, plate holding TAKS, drill guides, forceps, a plate bender, and more.
HPS and Other OsteoMed Products in Practice
Use HPS for stabilization of the hand—even small bones or complex fracture cases—and discover new intersections between advanced technology and clinically proven surgical solutions. At OsteoMed, the dedicated staff never sacrifices practicality for innovation. Rather, we innovate to create surgical efficiencies with a focus on improving patient outcomes.
Want to learn how OsteoMed products can help you? Call us at 888-370-9997 or visit www.osteomed.com to learn more.
OsteoVation Bone Void Filler, among the newest OsteoMed products, combines flexibility and innovation with a proven biologic. This next-generation calcium phosphate cement is biocompatible and osteoconductive. Meaning, the product converts to human bone over time without losing its shape or volume. It’s the most advanced bioactive bone void filler on the market, providing surgeons with the very best in advanced technology.
How OsteoVation Works
OsteoVation uses cell-mediated processes for remodeling and healing in line with mechanical stress direction. Like many OsteoMed products, OsteoVation is a solution that incorporates the latest advances in medical technology. Improved tensile strength and easy-to-use intraoperative handling characteristics make OsteoVation a best in class biocompatible bone void filler. It’s easy to mix; will set in a wet environment, and is specifically designed not to wash out. OsteoVation has the added benefit of being able to place screws shortly after set up to strengthen the construct.
- Best-in-class mechanical properties, including superior tensile and flexural strength.
- Best in class handling characteristics for use in complex indications.
- The choice of an impact or injectable formulations.
- Remodeling via cell-mediated activity for bioactive conversion to human bone.
Use OsteoVation in:
- Neurosurgery—Including Cranioplasty/Craniectomy, Cranial Cuts, Onlay and Inlay Grafting, and Bur Hole Filling
- Plastic Surgery—Including Cranial or Orbital Reconstruction and Onlay Grafting
- ENT Surgery—Including Frontal Sinus Packing, Onlay Grafting, or Orbital Reconstruction
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgery— LeFort I void packing or Genioplasty contouring
OsteoVation works well with Fast-Flap, Profile 0, our Auto-Drive Screws, and a range of other OsteoMed products for a complete suite of advanced surgical options. OsteoMed’s surgical products are designed to support surgeons who demand the highest quality products in their daily quest to improve the lives of others. OsteoMed’s focus on quality and dedication to innovation are providing surgeons with a range of state-of-the-art products to aid that goal by creating surgical efficiencies with a focus on improving patient outcomes. Call OsteoMed at 888-370-9997 or visit www.osteomed.com to learn more.
OsteoMed products are designed for the surgeon’s ease of use and implementation. The Craniomaxillofacial Fixation System, or CFx tray, is OsteoMed’s inclusive surgical fixation system for the face and mandible. Formerly the M4 system, this surgical solution features an unprecedented range of plate block configurations, which can be modified to meet the needs of the surgeon.
The options and adaptive features of the CFx system, common throughout OsteoMed products, provide stability and durability without sacrificing flexibility of application.
- The Angle Locking Fixation System provides up to 20 degrees of angulation with 2.0mm and 2.4mm plate and screw options, giving surgeons greater flexibility to adapt to the patient’s unique bone anatomy.
- Interchangeable blocks allow rigid fixation in a wide range of surgical applications, from adult traumatic injury to pediatric craniofacial correction.
- Unique instrumentation works specifically with the CFx system for smooth, stable application that matches ease with precision.
With its range of block sizes, surgeons can use the CFx system for:
- Segmental maxilla
- LeFort 1, 2, and 3
- Midface fractures
- Segmental Osteotomies
- Angle fractures
- External oblique ridge fractures
- Symphysis/parasymphysis fractures
- Condylar head fractures
- Comminuted fractures
- And more
Surgical instruments include a cheek retractor and clamp, a range of cannulas, a ratcheting screwdriver, a depth gauge, reduction forceps, a universal plate bender, and more. Tools, plates, and screws come organized in an easy-to-navigate organizer blocks with molded indentations for each implant. This innovative design, as with other OsteoMed products, combines versatility, organization, and durability for easy use in surgery.
OsteoMed: Committed to Excellence
Each patient has a unique bone structure. The CFx system enables surgeons to adapt and adjust to the needs of each patient, melding the art and science of craniomaxillofacial reconstruction at a new level of technological advancement.
To further explore OsteoMed’s innovative craniomaxillofacial products, please read the OsteoMed Craniomaxillofacial Products Overview. To learn even more about the CFx line, or any of OsteoMed’s state-of-the-art surgical tools and products, call us at 888-370-9997 or visit www.osteomed.com.
OsteoMed, a global leader in manufacturing innovative specialty medical devices, surgical implants and powered surgical instruments, offers Profile O as part of its suite of neurosurgical product offerings. Profile O incorporates the ingenuity that is common in all OsteoMed products.
The uniquely engineered plate and screw construct of Profile O offers strength for cranial fixation with a .25mm profile, the lowest profile on the market. With a variety of plate designs, Profile 0 provides neurosurgeons with many options to meet the most challenging clinical needs.
The Right Tools for the Job
The innovative Profile 0 line is equipped with unique surgical instruments designed specifically for the practical applications of real-world neurosurgery. Complementing Profile 0′s unique profile is an ergonomic screwdriver designed for improved manageability, matching utility and aesthetics. Profile 0 features a compact tray design resulting in a reduced “footprint” in the operating room, yet still offers a wide range of screw sizes and meshes to provide flexibility and surgical options.
Strength, Flexibility, Precision
Profile 0 nearly eliminates patient palpability. Sleek styling, ease of access, and unparalleled precision make this surgical solution best in class for a range of neurosurgical procedures. The line features:
- .25mm profile
- Approaching zero palpability
- O.R. footprint reduction
- Unique Lift-Off lid design
- Comprehensive plate offerings
- Add-on auxiliary mesh/instrument drawer
Expect ease of use and high quality cranial fixation with, this addition to the OsteoMed products suite combining flexibility and adaptability with reliability and strength.
Trust OsteoMed products, such as Profile 0, for quality, precision, and state-of-the-art tools that consistently advance efficiencies in the operating room. Call at 888-370-9997 or visit www.osteomed.com to learn more.
Take a look back at OsteoMed’s top ranking videos from Q3 of 2013. If you would like any additional product information, or to place an order, please call OsteoMed at (888) 370-9997.
OsteoMed received FDA 510K approval on June 5, 2013, to sell and market ExtremiFuse™ for the correction of Hammertoe deformity… read more here
One of the leading causes of foot pain severe enough to hamper mobility is Morton’s neuroma. What was once an involved surgery has been replaced by a more conservative, minimally-invasive procedure, thanks to a tool created by OsteoMed… read more here
OsteoMed’s next generation specialty medical products combine the best of medical science with practical application. Our OsteoForm Mesh™ is a unique CP titanium craniofacial mesh designed for formability and strength. The mesh may be contoured to adjust to specific patient anatomy. For fast results with secure fixation, use OsteoMed’s patented Auto-Drive™ screws.
Use OsteoMed’s patented self-drilling Auto-Drive™ screws for easy application. These screws are the only patented cruciform self-drilling screws available today. The cruciform head design minimizes screw head stripping while targeting applied axial force evenly across the screw head for simple insertion.
In surgery, the quick application of medical devices can save time and create efficiencies in the operating room environment. OsteoForm™ Mesh is precision-engineered in pursuit of that efficiency and ease. The need for only minor contouring of the molded appliance, combined with easy fixation in an O.R. setting, makes OsteoForm™ Mesh an industry leader for exceptional patient outcomes.
OsteoForm™ mesh is available in malleable, pre-formed, rigid, and extra-rigid mesh constructs. Use pre-formed patterns to easily apply mesh to the cranial curve with only minor contouring; rigid mesh is exceptional when you need to combine contourability with extra strength for larger defects.
OsteoMed’s OsteoForm™ mesh, including sterile-packed options, are available in a range of sizes:
- 40mm x 40mm
- 90mm x 90mm
- 165mm x 95mm
The pre-formed mesh option is also available in an “Extra-Rigid” format in the 165mm x 95mm size, designed specifically to manage the structural needs of large or complex surgical applications.
OsteoMed specialty medical mesh has integrated rigidity and strength to help protect underlying structures.
OsteoForm™ mesh provides a long-term custom solution for even difficult cases.
Use OsteoForm™ mesh can be used in as a stand-alone appliance if indicated, or in scaffolding for cranioplasty procedures. OsteoMed’s OsteoVation calcium phosphate bone void fillers can be used in tandem with OsteoForm™ mesh for a custom cranioplasty solution.
OsteoForm™ Mesh is designed to assist with procedural and surgical success in even complex neurosurgical applications. To find out more about other OsteoMed products and industry-leading surgical solutions, check out our website or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
OsteoMed is seeking additional qualified distributors to sell and market their ECOS small bone powered surgical instrument system in the US. The OsteoPower drill and saw that has been rebranded to ECOS. OsteoMed is looking for distributors that have an existing call pattern in the small bone orthopedic and or podiatric market with existing relationships that can make an immediate impact.
The distributor announcement has also been published via the Members Area of ORTHOWORLD. From ORTHOWORLD: “OsteoMed has rebranded its high torque powered small bone surgical instrumentation to “ECOS” to provide focus on the small bone orthopedic market. OsteoMed seeks additional qualified distributors to support the product.”
To view full citations associated with ORTHOFLASH® news, please click the source link or visit the Members Area of ORTHOWORLD.
Inquiries from qualified candidates should be directed to Toby Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach OsteoMed via phone at (888) 370-9997.
OsteoMed’s innovative equipment, powered surgical instrument system, and accompanying burs and blades are designed to exceed industry standards with high-quality engineering. Our next-generation powered surgical instruments are designed to maximize surgical efficiency and directly complement our product lines. Give your surgical team OsteoMed powered surgical instruments that can improve physician efficiency.
The OsteoMed powered surgical instrument system, OsteoPower, includes:
- Power Control Consoles (PCC): Consoles with or without an integrated irrigation pump are available. The PCC is the OsteoPower System’s “brain.” Dual Handpiece ports, Directional Control, Speed Range Control, and an LED Speed Range Indicator create a functional, adaptable control center for surgical power requirements.
- Footswitch: OsteoMed’s bidirectional footswitch is equipped with spring-loaded foot levers for complete speed range control and unsurpassed feathering capability. Plug a second footswitch into the tethered footswitch to enable two surgeons to work in tandem. Handle delicate procedures with confidence, even in complex settings.
- Modular Motor Units (MMU): A choice of three Modular Motor Units enables surgeons and operating room professionals to work with greater flexibility and speed. The Hand Controlled Motor Unit is equipped with a next-generation finger touchpad for speed control. The Lever Arm Motor Unit (LAMU) uses a traditional lever arm for speed adjustment. And the Series II Low Profile Motor Unit is designed for footswitch use only, providing a dedicated instrument for easy prep time in the operating room.
- Handpiece Modules: OsteoMed offers six pencil grip design handpiece modules for unique adaptability: The Series III Straight Drill works as either a high or medium speed drill; the 4:1 Universal Pilot Drill; the Reciprocating Saw; the Sagittal Saw; the Oscillating Saw, and the V.R.O. Saw. When attached to the Modular Motor Units, these handpiece modules create a broad toolkit in an easy-to-operate, quick-storing system.
- Pistol Grip Design Driver Modules: Our industry-leading Wire/Pin Driver Module places and removes both K-wires and Steinmann Pins in a single handpiece—with wire/pin size ranges from 0.28” to 1.25”. Other driver module options include our High Torque ¼” Jacobs Chuck Module and the A.O. Chuck Module for further specialization.
- Contra Angle Handpiece Modules: This trio of contra angle handpiece modules allows for angulation to reach tough spaces. The 1:1 Contra Angle’s maximum speed is 70,000 rpm; 20:1’s max speed is 1,200 rpm; and the 80:1 Contra Angle is 300 rpm.
- OsteoGraft: OsteoMed’s OsteoGraft Bone Grafting Wheel is a small-gauge circular saw with a soft tissue guard attachment designed to operate with the Series III Straight Drill. Cut bone, for grafting, at a precise depth while protecting your patient with OsteoGraft.
- OsteoHarvester: OsteoHarvester helps a skilled surgeon harvest morselized autogenous bone in a revolutionary single-step operation. Autogenous bone is the gold standard for bone grafting material, and the OsteoHarvester provides an easy to use, inexpensive method for harvesting both cortical and cancellous bone particulate.
OsteoMed’s powered surgical system is designed for practical applications in operating rooms. Quality, longevity, power, and precision combine in our innovative powered surgical instrument offering to help improve surgeon experience in the operating room and patient recovery. Concentrate on your patient with equipment you trust. Trust OsteoMed.