The OsteoMed ECOS Power System offers surgeons reliable performance, power and versatility, without sacrificing the ability to perform with precision. The system as a whole comprises hand piece modules, a motor unit and cord, and a power control console. Footswitches and other accessories complete the suite.
- Hand Modules
Modular hand pieces include:
- Straight drill: The straight drill combines two drills in one, with high and medium speeds (70,000 rpm max high, 24,000 rpm max medium).
- Wire/pin driver: As with the innovative straight drill, OsteoMed’s ECOS Power System driver handles K-wires and Steinmann Pins. The silicon nose cap grips both wires and pins in any orientation.
- Saws: Oscillating and sagittal saws accept the same blade hubs, helping to reduce disposable inventory.
- Motor Units
In the ECOS system, a single motor has the ability to run every hand piece. Three motor unit designs allow customization for the surgeon’s preferences and needs:
- Lever Arm Motor Unit: Lever-activated hand control and an optional foot switch allow speed settings and forward/reverse operation within the sterile surgical field.
- Modular Motor Unit: A pressure-pad-activated hand control and optional foot switch control provide similar function to the lever arm motor unit.
- Low Profile Motor Unit: The low-profile unit offers foot switch activation only but provides a slender profile and improved surgical visibility.
The ECOS Power System brings twenty years of engineering experience to bear on classic problems of power in the orthopedic suite. Higher torque in the modules and power in the motor units improves both cutting and burring, while an integrated power cable makes the entire system more reliable. Power consoles are available both with and without irrigation. Contra angle drills, straight drills, a universal pilot drill, and a range of saws improve the value and versatility of the system while also offering improved reliability and power.